Unit S.M.A.R.T. Goals:
- Students will be able to behaviorally analyze a killer without teacher’s assistance with 80% accuracy in 4 of 5 trials by completion of the unit.
- Articulate the prevalence and patterns of forms of serial homicide over time.
- Apply and contrast the main criminological theories used to explain serial homicide and speak to the respective empirical validity of each as applied to this rare form of criminal offending.
- Articulate the strategies of investigation and crime scene analysis used in the used in the investigation and prosecution of serial offenders.
*Unit S.M.A.R.T. Goal written with this downloadable guide -> SmartGoals Template for Educators
Students will document and analyze mass shooting incidents.
Students will begin to develop an action plan to assist in providing population support.
*Lesson objective written with this downloadable guide -> Writing Learning Objectives Guide
One-on-One Murder, Modus-Operandi, signature, characteristics
Online Resources for Today:
- What is something that you noticed all five incidents have in common?
- After looking at these five incidents do you believe stricter gun regulation would have helped stop these events from transpiring?
Task #1 – Formatting our Notes (40 Minutes)
If you were gone yesterday download, save, and share the file below to MrTylersLessons@gmail.com If you have yet to turn in your GAFE form then you need to get that turned in by tomorrow and grab a piece of copy paper and ruler to do this project by hand.
Assignment – > Period # – Your Name – Mass Shooting Evidence & Analysis
Task #2 – Writing an Action Plan (45 Minutes)
Now that we have broken down our Cornell notes and analyzed the information further we are going to get into groups of four. In your group of four one person needs to download, save, and share the assignment below to their peers and to me at MrTylersLessons@gmail.com This action plan template is used in everything from Law Enforcement to Education. As a group you are going to sit down and decide what can be done to help improve society in order to help slow down or even stop mass shootings from becoming so frequent.
Assignment -> Template – Action Plan