Serial Killer Behavioral Analysis
Unit S.M.A.R.T. Goal:
Students will be able to behaviorally analyze a killer without teacher’s assistance with 80% accuracy in 4 of 5 trials by completion of the unit.
*Unit S.M.A.R.T. Goal written with this downloadable guide -> SmartGoals Template for Educators
Students will analyze a serial killer cold case of their own choosing.
*Lesson objective written with this downloadable guide -> Writing Learning Objectives Guide
One-on-One Murder, Modus-Operandi, signature, characteristics
Online Resources for Today:
Message from Mr. Tyler:
Good Morning! I will be back tomorrow. In the meantime you will be following the steps below for today’s assignment.
Download the file below, save it as a Google Doc, and share it to MrTylersLessons@gmail.com
Downloadable .Doc File -> Psychological Evaluation Paper Template for Students (V2)
Choose one of the unsolved serial killer cases to analyze with the document you downloaded. You will be researching this individual.
- Highway of Tears (10 confirmed victims, 40 presumed)
- Servant Girl Annihilator (8 confirmed victims, 8 survived)
- Alphabet Murders (3 confirmed dead)
- Zodiac Killer (5 confirmed, 20-28 presumed)
- Freeway Phantom (6 confirmed dead)
- Redhead Murderer (8 confirmed dead, unknown presumed)
- Colonial Parkway Killer (8 confirmed dead)
- Long Island Killer ( 10-17 victims)
Once you have chosen a case to work on you need to research the killer. Here is a link to help you get started -> Top 8 Unsolved Serial Killer Cases
You have 90 minutes today to conduct your research, write your report, and have it to me. This report, like the others, is 100 points.
Rubric for assignment:
Ticket Out the Door:
Downloadable PDF -> Ticket Out the Door