Task #1 – Answer the following discussion questions. Please answer the questions with enough detail to be clear. Feel free to provide personal insights and perspectives. Additionally, do not forget your projects are due this Friday!
1. At what age are juveniles truly capable of understanding the seriousness of their actions? Should juvenile court jurisdiction be raised or lowered? Explain your answer.
2. Share your thoughts on curfew laws, are they helpful or not? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
3. Should juveniles who commit felonies such as rape or robbery be treated as adults? Explain your answer.
4. Why are males more delinquent than females. Is it a matter of lifestyle, culture, or physical properties? Explain your answer.
5. What factors account for the differences in African American and European American Crime Rates? Explain your answer.
6. Are the amount of crimes an offender commits affected by age, explain? Explain your answer.
7. Do you think watching violence on TV and in films encourage youths to be aggressive and antisocial? Explain your answer in detail.
8. How does cultural deviance create a breeding ground for gangs and law-violating?
9. If a teen commits a crime, would justice be served if he/she were punished like an adult who commits the same crime?
Juvenile Justice Summative Project. Due – May 15th, 2015
Downloadable PDF Directions -> Summative Projects for Juvenile Justice